Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review of Reasons My Kid is Crying by Greg Pembroke

 
Synopsis: "A glimpse into the tribulations of parenting that is part documentary, part therapy, and completely hilarious.

It all started when busy father Greg Pembroke posted a few pictures online of his three-year-old son, mid-tantrum, alongside the reason his son was crying: He had broken his bit of cheese in half. In Reasons My Kid is Crying, Greg collects together photos sent from parents around the world, documenting the many, completely logical reasons why small children cry. Among them: “I let him play on the grass” . . . “He ran out of toys to throw into his pool” . . . “The neighbor’s dog isn’t outside”. The result is both an affectionate portrait of the universal, baffling logic of toddlers—and a reminder for burned-out parents everywhere that they are not alone."



My Review: This is great for a little comic relief as your toddler is flipping out about the most mundane things, like how the banana fell out of the peel. I think this should be a book that is easy to reach for any parent. It has a collection of photos of children crying over pointless things as well as little tidbits from parents.
 
My Rating: Gosh it is nice to know my kid isn't the only one driving me up a wall over pointless little things.  This is a good book to keep around for those days that never seem to end and have so many temper tantrums they seem to just blend together.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment