Saturday, December 13, 2014

2015 Reading Across the States Challenge

 
I saw someone last year read around the world and they picked 20 books set in different countries to read, and then I saw a pinterest post about the book that represents the state in which you live and put 2 and 2 together.  I plan to read a book set in each of the 50 states. (I have added the book I plan to read but that can change and a * indicates the book is already in my possession).
 
 
If you would like to join me in this challenge please follow these simple rules
 
~ The books in this challenge must be something you have never read before
~ You need to read at least one book set in each of the 50 states
~ The books can count for other challenges
~ The books can be in any format (audio, ebook or print)
~ Please post a sign up & check in every 3 months and link back here so I can cheer you on

If you want to join but aren't sure what books to read I found this really handy site: Books Set In . . .

 
(I will add a linky if I can just remember how)
 
 
 
Here are the books I plan to read for this challenge (* indicates book is owned by me currently)

Alabama  - Fried Green Tomatoes *
Alaska - If you Lived Here*
Arizona - Veil of Roses*
Arkansas - A Suitable Wife*
California - Starter Wife *
Colorado - Calves in the Mud Room *
Connecticut - A Whole Latte Life*
Delaware - A Catered Affair*
Florida - Because of Winn Dixie*
Georgia - Deep Dish*
Hawaii - Birth*
Idaho - Whatchago Stew*
Illinois - The Untouchables
Indiana - The Sun Tea Chronicles
Iowa - Little Heathens*
Kansas - A Dog Named Christmas
Kentucky - Bluegrass State of Mind *
Louisiana - Taste the Heat*
Maine - Stone Bay*
Maryland - Dinner at Homesick Restaurant*
Massachusetts - The Dante Club *
Michigan - South Superior *
Minnesota - The Antelope Wife*
Mississippi - The Help *
Missouri - The Borrower*
Montana - The Smoke Jumper *
Nebraska - C is for Cornhusker*
Nevada - Missing Ink
New Hampshire - 19 Minutes *
New Jersey - The Fighting Ground*
New Mexico - Pegasus*
New York - Magicians*
North Carolina - Nights in Rodanthe * or Peach Keeper *
North Dakota - Codename Zero*
Ohio - Dragons of Spratt Ohio*
Oklahoma - True Grit * or Where the Heart is *
Oregon - Rose Suitors of Seattle*
Pennsylvania - The Turncoat*
Rhode Island - By the Sea Tess *
South Carolina - Girls in Trucks *
South Dakota - Buffalo Gal*
Tennessee - If you Find Me
Texas - Friday Night Lights*
Utah - Wright on Time - Utah*
Vermont - Lumberjack Love*
Virginia - Crazy VA*
Washington - The Shop on Blossom Street or new Rose Harbor book
West Virginia - Locking Horns*
Wisconsin - Blankets*
Wyoming - Stone Fox *



2 comments:

  1. I've had a challenge like this one on my blog for a while. And dang I am SO bad about updating it. I'm guessing I'm halfway through but ergs no real clue. I set it up as an open ended one though so no pressure on a final date which is a good thing (or maybe bad lol) for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you have probably completed it with how many books you have read, it is hard to find out where a book is set until you have read it so maybe you have filled in those missing states.

      Delete