Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Review of Secrets at Sea by Sabre Moore

 
Synopsis: "When seventeen-year-old Zandra learns of the future her foster parents have planned for her, she knows what she must do. Disguised as a boy named Zander Knight, she hires onto the Chaser, a beautiful ship whose mission is not as it seems. Soon Zandra's life becomes a web of Secrets at Sea, even her own identity is shrouded in lies. What she once thought was a small price to pay for her dreams becomes more complicated as she gains a nickname, a father, friends and falls in love. When Zandra is captured by a pirate from her past, she learns of the strains and changes of time. When a truth is revealed, there is yet another secret waiting to take its place."

My Review: I read this book about 5 or 6 years ago when my mother sent it to me. Turns out it is written by a girl that was going to my high school, yup she had a book published while still in high school. While there are some issues with the story, it is still a fun adventure with some very lively characters. I did feel like Zandra fell a little fast and would have liked for more development prior to that and her character was just too perfect at everything. That said it is still an impressive book for a teenager to publish and one that many would enjoy, and honestly who didn't want to be a pirate and have awesome adventures at some point in their lives?!
 
My Rating: This was a fun and adventurous book to read and even with the issues it does have, I am happy to have it on my shelf and be able to read again. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment