Friday, January 3, 2014

Bedtime Story: A Pal for Pugwug by Susie Jenkin-Pearce

 
Synopsis: "Pugwug is an energetic, rough-and-tumble little penguin. When he discovers that the large egg his dad is protecting will soon be a new brother or sister, he can’t resist playing with his new pal—despite several reminders to “be gentle” and not touch. But when an emergency arises, Pugwug discovers that his own unique way of playing with his new pal might actually be best."

My Review: This was a cute story that would be great for a family having a new baby with a toddler in the house as Pugwug is constantly reminded to be gentle. I thought it was cute the ways Pugwug tried to play with his new pal. The illustrations are adorable as well. The issue I had with this book was that it was very large, and it was difficult to hold and read with a wiggly toddler on my lap.
 
My Rating: It was cute, though a little average. I think it would have had more meaning if there was a new little family member being introduced.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment