Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review of Seventh Night by Iscah

 
Synopsis: "A romantic, comic, action, adventure fantasy in which a princess attempts to marry a prince while someone has set out to sabotage their wedding and the resulting alliance."

My Review: I have been going back and forth on this review since finishing the story. I read the novella prequel "The Girl With No Name" which totally blew me out of the water, so many interesting twists that you couldn't stop reading. However Seventh Night at time hit some real lulls and I had to push on because I knew more adventure was to come. I must admit too that I wasn't a huge fan of the main character and namesake of the book, Seventh Night, she was just typical princess to me for most of the book. That said though I was totally thrilled to see The Girl with No Name return and I still loved her, as well as several other sub-characters (surprisingly enough I really enjoyed the male characters over the female when it is usually the other way around). There are several open ended storylines at the end of this book with no real conclusion for them and it really has me curious what happens to several of the characters after the story. I will come back for more because I have really come to love the unexpected twists and new adventures the author comes up with when the story is moving along.


My favorite quote from the story "May your travels leave you wiser." Isn't that something to live by!
 
 
My Rating: While there were some slow spots in the story that I had to push through all and all it was an exciting fantasy adventure that I am sure many will love. I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
Seventh Night was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
You can find out more about Iscah and her work on Goodreads or her Website.
 
You can obtain your own copy of Seventh Night in Digital or Print format on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment