Monday, December 30, 2013

Review of Marcie by Carly M. Duncan

 
Synopsis: "When Kate's mother, Marcie, dies mysteriously she is forever tormented by the many questions surrounding her mother's death. In Marcie's absence Kate clings to her mother's husbands, searching for solace.

As family secrets are revealed Kate works to build her own life and family, but the mystery of her mother's death sidetracks her until she finally gets the answer she's always hoped for."


My Review: This was an interesting journey through love and lack thereof and how the acts of one generation influence the acts of the next. I found it interesting that all through this book Kate is looking for love from her mother but yet she creates additional distance and disconnect with the use of her mother's first name. I did find Kate's development interesting, she insisted on being independent yet was still leaning on someone for support and direction (either Luke or Charlie). I had a little difficulty with the writing, the constant jumping back and forth between time frames, I usually like books with a little more of a chronological order with only glimpses into the past. To sum it up though, this was an interesting book that caused some self reflection on how I interact with those around me.
 
My Rating: This book may not have been quite my cup of tea or in my usual reading genres but I can definitely tip my hat to the self reflection it stimulated. I give this one a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Marcie was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
You can find out more about Marcy and Ms. Duncan on her Goodreads Page or Facebook Page.
 
You can obtain your own copy of Marcie in digital or print format on Amazon or in print format on Barnes and Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment