Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Advent Reads Day 11: Review of Silver Bells by Sadie Hart

 
Synopsis: "Every year, the Christmas Carousel in South Howle takes a beating, and every year, Dash Bartholomew tenderly brings it back to life. It’s a job he started fifteen years ago, when Dash became Dasher, one of Santa’s reindeer, and accepted the worn leather harness now hanging on the hooks at the back of the carousel barn. The one with its beautiful, silver bells that once made the most wondrous sound in the world, and now lay quiet.

That is, until Merry, a young, homeless woman wanders in looking for a place out of the cold. Unlike Dash, she can hear the sweet chimes of the bells, proving to him that it’s not the harness that’s broken. As Christmas draws near, Dash finds himself drawn to Merry and her quiet, stubborn pride. However, unable to hear the sleigh bells Dash isn’t sure what Christmas this year will bring, only that the magic in that harness is far less important than the woman he’s come to love."


My Review: I love this story, it has such an interesting concept and story. You kind of know where it is going from the start but you don't know the significance of the silent bells. I really enjoyed Dash and his quiet way that really helped break through Merry's fear and walls. The only thing that could make this story better would be more! I want so much more of this story, I want to know about all the others from the past and current!
 
My Rating: I really loved everything about this book except that it was so short and that there isn't a follow up (at least that I know about yet). I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment