Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review of A Tricky Game by Seraphima Bogomolova

 
Synopsis: "A Tricky Game, by Seraphima Bogomolova, is a mystery psychological thriller, published by Souliris UK Ltd, released on July 15, 2013.

In Russia, an aluminum magnate, Kazimir Stankevitch, enters into an unwritten agreement with Angela Moreaux, an enigmatic and seductively attractive woman that he secretly desires. Later that night, as she returns home from a nightclub, a shot is fired at her. At the same time, in the Ritz, her unsuspecting associate has a meeting with an elderly Swiss gentleman, Jacques Moreaux, who delivers to him a mysterious letter signed by Angela. In a game of genuine intents, secret longings and seconds agendas, the seemingly unconnected yet mysteriously intertwined events unfold on the pages of this compelling psychological novella. As the stakes in the game go higher, the young woman finds herself confronted with life choices that will challenge her on unexpected levels."


My Review: I don't believe I have ever read any books with this particular setting so I found that fascinating from the start. I did however have a difficult time reading this short story, it read almost like a script for a movie or TV show, or maybe a descriptive outline for a longer novel. It was due to that writing style that I had a difficult time following the storyline.  The interweaving of the characters was a times clear and other times so obscure that a little more filling out would have been nice. I did love the integration of the venetian masks and the hint of romance. The ending was beautiful!
 
My Rating: I give this one a rating of Two Paws. I would have liked the story to be filled out more to create a clearer setting and storyline.
 
 
A Tricky Game was sent to me by the Author's Publicist for an honest review.
 
To find out more about Seraphima Bogomolova and her work please visit her Goodreads Page or Website
 
You can also obtain your own copy of A Tricky Game in Digital or Print formats on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment