Thursday, November 14, 2013

After Dark Review of Big Girls Do it Better by Jasinda Wilder

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Synopsis: "Gorgeous, rock-star guys like Chase Delany don't go for girls like me. They go for supermodels and actresses, skinny-girls who never eat and spend all day working out. I'm not that girl. So when he locked his fiery brown eyes on me for the first time, I couldn't quite believe it was really happening to me.

It was the second night I spent with him that I'll never forget."


My Review: I am not really sure how I feel about this one, Anna seemed more like two people instead of one, like the author was trying to force her to be a certain way while the story led her down a different route. She seems like a confident woman, comfortable in her skin (I mean if you can rock a mini skirt how can you not be confident) yet she still seemed really insecure. I didn't like how it was said guys expected big girls were easy, and Anna was against feeding into that but yet she did things anyway. All in all it laid out that women need to be reassured, all of us have our insecurities and need confirmation again and again that we are beautiful and amazing.
 
My Rating: While I struggled with the character connection, the story was still enough that I want to continue the series. I give it a rating of Two Paws.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment