Monday, December 14, 2020

Advent Reads Day 14: Bedtime Story: If I Could Give You Christmas by Lynn Plourde & Illustrated by Jennifer L. Meyer

  Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Borrowed Book/ Children's Books

Synopsis: "Skating on a frozen pond, decorating the fanciest gingerbread house ever, re-reading a favorite story . . . these activities and more are brought to life through a variety of animal pairs. The tastes, smells, sights, and sounds of the holiday are evoked in universal scenes showing special moments being shared by parent and child. Adults will appreciate the theme of passing on traditions and the message that it doesn't take a lot of stuff to celebrate Christmas. Kids will enjoy the playful, loving scenes. Sharing this book could become a brand new family tradition!"

My Review: This book popped up on my recommended list and I was immediately drawn to it, luckily my library had a copy available. I love the illustration style with some very cute animals. The story is also a sweet one, it flows right off the tongue and holds beautiful sentiments. I like how it is focused on the gifts that you can't wrap and put under the tree, the smell of cookies baking, the sight of the colors of decorations, and more. This is what I would prefer to focus on for Christmas and might be a great reminder for littles who get caught up in the 'I Wants'.

My Rating: This was definitely a warm fuzzy book to share with the littles. It is short and sweet with soothing lines and illustrations. I give it a rating of Four Paws!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!







No comments:

Post a Comment