Saturday, December 19, 2020

Advent Reads Day 19: Graphic Novel: Mickey & Donald's Christmas Parade #2 by Byron Erickson & Illustrated by Massimo Fecchi

     Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Graphic Novel

Synopsis: ""'Tis No Season!" Mickey and Donald meet up one winter day to find that Christmas suddenly doesn't exist... and hasn't been celebrated for sixty years! It's the start of a time-travel saga full of wacky wormholes, kleptomaniac robot Santas—and a perilous Phantom Blot plot!"

My Review: I am always on the hunt for holiday Graphic Novels and had to have this one when I found it. I was hoping it would be along the lines of the Mickey Mouse TV specials/movies. It ended up being more like the classic comic books from when I was a kid. The print is small and a bit difficult to read but the illustrations were great. This definitely brought back a bit of nostalgia for me. It included one longer story and then several shorter ones, some only being a page long, all with different Christmas themes.

My Rating: This was more of a nostalgic type book than anything, it brought back my childhood with the Donald & Mickey comic books we would get every once in a while. It was fun and can be enjoyed by readers of all ages.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.







No comments:

Post a Comment