Friday, December 18, 2020

Advent Reads Day 18: Bedtime Story: The Shy Little Kitten's Christmas by Kristen L. Depken

     Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Children's Books

Synopsis: "The shy little kitten stars in her first-ever Christmas adventure, and her second Step into Reading book!

Fans of the classic 1946 Little Golden Book The Shy Little Kitten (and its Step into Reading adaptation) will be thrilled to see Shy enjoying her first Christmas in this Step 1 Step into Reading book. Freshly illustrated in the style of the Little Golden Book, this sweet story about Shy and her siblings learning the meaning of Christmas is the perfect addition to the Step into Reading line.

Step 1 readers feature big type and easy words for children who know the alphabet and are eager to begin reading. Rhythmic text paired with picture clues help children decode the story."

My Review: I always loved the Shy Little Kitten when I was a kid so of course had to read this book for the holiday season. This was a great level one book, it had short sentences, lots of sight words, repetition and lots of counting and colors. The story is simple yet engaging for young readers and listeners who have a hard time staying focused. The illustrations match the classic style I remember and love, with adorable little animals. Definitely a great book for little ones during the holiday season.

My Rating: This was such a cute book, I wish I had it for Munchkin when he was little. It has great way for littles to get involved in their reading by counting the kittens and finding the right colors on each page.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment