Wednesday, November 18, 2020

(Almost) End of the Year Book Tag

I did this tag back in 2017 and last year in 2019 thought it would be fun to do again. It is beyond time to start gearing up for the end of 2020! Have you started thinking ahead to 2021 books yet? The original tag was from Ariel Brissett.  So this tag is all about crunch time, which it definitely is around here!


Questions:


Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
There aren't any books that I have started that I need to finish, I have gotten pretty good about sticking with the books I pick up but I am halfway through the Library Lover's Mystery series and would love to finish the last 5 books.


Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
I have kind of already passed the autumn books, I read a ton of those in September and October, but I am getting rather autumn vibes from The Wolf in the Whale but have heard it is a very wintery book so I think that will make a nice transition book. I am planning to pick this one up over the weekend for Tome Topple.




Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
It has already been released but I am still waiting for my copy of The Empire Strikes Back From a Certain Point of View.  Also, I am excited for A Sky Beyond the Storm but I don't think I will get to it this year, I want to be able to savor a re-read of the whole Ember in the Ashes series before saying goodbye to all them.

 


What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
As always there are so many books I want to read this year that I haven't gotten to pick up yet, but besides those already listed in the above answers, I really want to get to Anxious People, I have loved pretty much all of Fredrik Backman's books so really want to get to this before I loose interest.  I also want to start transitioning to wintery books (but not holiday books) with A Touch of Stone and Snow and Ember and the Ice Dragons.




Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year?
Based on other reviews and the way people rave about it, there is definitely potential for The Wolf in the Whale. While not a shock, I expect The Empire Strikes Back to rank pretty high this year based on my read of A New Hope.  But I think the one that might surprise me is Kingdom of the Wicked, while I loved the Stalking Jack the Ripper series (and it was a surprising love too), I didn't hype this new book up in my mind that much. Then last week I started the audio book for it and just the prologue blew my mind, I had to put it down so I could finish all the other current reads and focus on it solely, so I am thinking it could become a high ranking book now.



Have you already started making reading plans for 2021?
Oddly enough, I haven't started making plans for next year. Normally by now I am excited to update my TBR shelf to the books I am excited about for next year, I already have more than enough challenges planned out but this year I find myself wanting to refresh my TBR with a good clean out. I have put so much pressure on myself to read all those books I purchased over the past few years that I kind of want to make that lingering pile to go away.  I also kind of just want to bask in re-reads, like slipping into a favorite sweatshirt, comfy, all stretched out and familiar. So for the next month, I think I will start a good purge of my shelves, try a chapter on the ones I am not sure of and find the books I really want to read and just meander through my shelves for the next year.




So what are you reading as the year comes to an end?

No comments:

Post a Comment