Saturday, April 11, 2020

Graphic Novel Review of Family Pets by Pat Shand & Sarah Dill

Read for: Recently Added/ Graphic Novel

Synopsis: "Ever since her parents died on her fifth birthday, Thomasina has been daydreaming that someday something amazing will happen in her life to make up for the hurt she's been through. But after turning sixteen, Thomasina begins to accept that her life will remain unremarkable... But when she wakes up one morning to discover that her foster family has been turned into pet animals and her favorite pet snake into a dashing young man, her ordinary life will turn into an extraordinary adventure!"

My Review: This book has been on my wishlist forever, so I figured it was time to pick it up. I love the art style in the book but was disappointed to find it all to be black and white. The story was fun and quirky, yet a little gut punch of emotional turmoil. It was quick, it was fun, I maybe would have read more in the series but am pretty satisfied with the way it concluded.

My Rating: This was fun and quirky, a nice blend of magic and comedy.  I don't know if it quite held up to being on my wish list for so long but it was a fun, quick read.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment