Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Can't Wait for . . . Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hoste at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.


Okay, so this cover was just revealed within the past couple of weeks, but how did I not even know this was a thing?! After the Princess and the Fangirl I didn't know there were going to be more books in this series! Now that I know it is coming out soon, I need it NOW!!



Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston
Release Date: June 16, 2020

Synopsis: "In the third book in Ashley Poston's Once Upon a Con series, Beauty and the Beast is retold in the beloved Starfield universe.

Rosie Thorne is feeling stuck—on her college application essays, in her small town, and on that mysterious General Sond cosplayer she met at ExcelsiCon. Most of all, she’s stuck in her grief over her mother’s death. Her only solace was her late mother’s library of rare Starfield novels, but even that disappeared when they sold it to pay off hospital bills.

On the other hand, Vance Reigns has been Hollywood royalty for as long as he can remember—with all the privilege and scrutiny that entails. When a tabloid scandal catches up to him, he's forced to hide out somewhere the paparazzi would never expect to find him: Small Town USA. At least there’s a library in the house. Too bad he doesn’t read.

When Rosie and Vance’s paths collide and a rare book is accidentally destroyed, Rosie finds herself working to repay the debt. And while most Starfield superfans would jump at the chance to work in close proximity to the Vance Reigns, Rosie has discovered something about Vance: he’s a jerk, and she can’t stand him. The feeling is mutual.

But as Vance and Rosie begrudgingly get to know each other, their careful masks come off—and they may just find that there’s more risk in shutting each other out than in opening their hearts."



What book has recently caught you off guard, that you didn't realize was being released soon or that there even was another book in the series?

9 comments:

  1. I see a dog. So is it awful that I want to pick this up because of the dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a cute German Shepherd looking pup too! I pick up just about any book that has a cat or a horse on the cover too, publishers know they have us with the furry four-legged friends on the covers!

      Delete
  2. I've only read the first one, but loved it, and have a copy of the second one, so need this one too! Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the second one but the first one was definitely better, but they are still such fun reads.

      Delete
  3. Well this looks cute. Also love that there is a dog. Happy reading!
    My Can't-Wait Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we are all just suckers for the pups.

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good!!! And I adore the cover.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the covers on this series, they all capture the stories so perfectly.

      Delete
  5. I do too, the first one in the series pulled me out of a really bad reading slump, so I have a special place in my heart for this series.

    ReplyDelete