Saturday, December 7, 2019

Advent Reads Day 7: A Walk One Winter Night by Al Andrews

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Read for: Recently Added

Synopsis: "What started as a simple, late night stroll for a man who needed to clear his head from the hassles of the season turned into a life-changing moment. This enchanting and endearing Christmas tale invites you to take a closer look at the wise men, Mary and Joseph, and even the Christ child himself. Freshly repackaged with updated art throughout, A Walk One Winter Night will open your eyes to the joy and wonder you can experience this holiday season."

My Review: I loved the cover of this book and decided to pick it up for Advent Reads. It is a short picture book, geared more towards adults (it would be a great little coffee table book). The illustration style of the cover that originally drew me in continued throughout the book in the beautiful minimal sketch style. It is a great story that reminds us that Christmas doesn't have to be perfect. It is a bit religious but not in a pushy sort of way, it was just the perfect touch, about how we have made the Nativity story to be so flawless where as it most likely was not perfect. It was a nice reminder and a nice short read, perfect to pick up on a busy holiday prep day, to remind us that we don't have to have a magazine perfect Christmas, we just need to be surrounded by our friends and family.

My Rating: This is one of those books that I managed to pick up at the perfect time, it is so simple yet so beautiful! I love the message contained in this story and will definitely be picking it up each year. I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment