Sunday, December 1, 2019

Advent Reads Day 1: A Christmas Advent Story by Ivy Snow and Illustrated by Hannah Tolson

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Read for: Children's Book Challenge/Advent Reads


Synopsis: "Children are invited to count down to Christmas in a lift-flap advent calendar-style storybook that depicts a snowy community on Christmas Eve, where carolers sing, skaters spin on the ice, and a boy and girl bake cookies, decorate a tree and look out for reindeer."

My Review: This is a great Christmas book for little readers. It has a lot to look at and several ways to interact with the story. It isn't exactly a countdown book, it does have 25 lift the flaps but it doesn't count anything but it will be fun for young kids as under each flap is a simple picture with the word on it. It is cute and colorful and bright with lots of winter and holiday themed pictures. My nieces certainly enjoyed this one and have pulled it off the shelf many times now. So far the pages and flaps have held up but it is one to be supervised with toddlers.


My Rating: This is a fun little introduction to fun holiday events.  There are 25 flip the flaps but you are never going to be able to limit the kids to only flipping one each day.  It is a cute idea but not exactly the advent style story I was expecting.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!



Hope to see you tomorrow for more holiday fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment