Thursday, December 5, 2019

Advent Reads Day 5: Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Borrowed Books/ Audio Book Challenge

Synopsis: "This Year, Christmas Comes Just in Time

As a first-year law associate, Sydney Batson knows she will be updating her resume by New Year’s if she loses her current court case. So when her grandmother gets inexplicably ill while she’s in court, Sydney arranges for a cab to get her to the clinic.

The last thing cab driver Finn Parrish wants is to be saddled with a wheelchair-bound old lady with dementia. But because Miss Callie reminds him of his own mother, whom he failed miserably in her last days, he can’t say no when she keeps calling him for rides. Once a successful gourmet chef, Finn’s biggest concern now is making his rent, but half the time Callie doesn’t remember to pay him. And as she starts to feel better, she leads him on wild goose chases to find a Christmas date for her granddaughter.

When Finn meets Sydney, he’s quite sure that she’s never needed help finding a date. Does Miss Callie have an ulterior motive, or is this just a mission driven by delusions? He’s willing to do whatever he can to help fulfill Callie’s Christmas wish. He just never expected to be a vital part of it."


My Review: This might end up being one of my favorite holiday reads this year! It was fairly short but had such a story packed into this book. I absolutely loved Finn, he is such a character and definitely has a lot of background to dig into while reading. Miss Callie is a sweet and meddling grandma that everyone could love. Finally, Syndey is the over stressed, hard working woman that just needs a little reminder of the important things in life. It is quite an emotional journey, one that will have you laughing and crying, but it is so worth it. Such a perfect holiday read.


My Rating: I had borrowed this book from my library but now I am wishing I had purchased it because I will definitely be wanting to re-read this one in the future. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!



No comments:

Post a Comment