Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review of Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego? by Rebecca Tinker

Read for: Recently Added & Highly Anticipated/ Audio Book Challenge

Synopsis: "Based on the Netflix original series with a foreword by Gina Rodriguez. For decades, people have asked the question: Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? But just who is this infamous and elusive globe-trotting criminal? 


A skilled thief on a mysterious mission, Carmen Sandiego is endlessly pursued by ACME and Interpol. But the woman in the red fedora is always one step ahead! In this novelization, based on the Netflix animated series, Carmen shares her own backstory for the first time ever. Now, it's time to find out.... Who in the world is Carmen Sandiego."


My Review: I was a huge fan of all things Carmen Sandiego as a kid, so when I saw this book coming out I had to pre-order it. I like how this is an origin story, it gives us a little something new. While she does tell us about how she came to be Carmen Sandiego, there are still a lot of questions left open. I really enjoyed this little bridge back to my childhood and I hope this will create a new generation of Carmen Sandiego fans!

My Rating: I really loved Carmen Sandiego and was so excited for this book. At times the audio book narration seemed a little young, but then I had to remind myself that this is a Middle Grade book.   I give it a rating of Four Paws!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the game show when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all about the game show, the cartoon and we had a board game too!

      Delete