Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Best Books So Far in 2018

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.

It has been a while since I last participated in Top 5 Wednesday because of RI Author Month but I am glad I am back in time to talk about my favorite books so far this year!  So far I have read 177 books this year and many of them have been fantastic, so it is a little hard to narrow it down to just 5, but I will give it a go!  Oh and I am not including any of my re-reads because that just wouldn't be fair!


What I loved about Sky in the Deep is that it wasn't just an awesome Viking book, it also made some really awesome statements that could be applied to the world today. My Review


Steven Manchester always hits me in the feels but this one in particular really got to me, after having someone close to me go through almost this exact situation. My Review


 
I have been eyeing these books from a distance but when I was approved for an ARC of Grey Sister, I was forced to read Red Sister first. I have no idea why I was so hesitant!! My Review of Red Sister & My Review of Grey Sister


I wasn't too sure about this book, but it turned out to be amazing! What was even more amazing was watching the movie after reading this book, I was able to watch A New Hope from a completely different aspect, I really really hope they continue to release a book like this for each of the original trilogy.  My Review


This series blew me away! I never expected to love it as much as I did but I highly highly recommend reading this one, especially on audio book! My Full Series Review


I always seem to have a Middle Grade book in my top reads of the year, and even though I read this way back in January, I still find myself thinking about it. My Review


I really have little doubt that A Plague of Giants will be my top ranked book this year, I really don't foresee anything topping it.  I consumed this over 600 page book in less than a week, I am dying for the next book in the series and I really really want a TV series! My Review




Okay so it wasn't 5 books, but at least I narrowed it down to these! What have been some of your favorites so far this year?







2 comments:

  1. I love that your favorite is over 600 pages. That’s impressive writing/story etc. I think I missed your review for Three Shoeboxes. It doesn’t look familiar. I’ll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plague of Giants kept catching my eye at the book store, I caved and bought it, then it kept calling my name from the shelf, it was a little intimidating but once I started reading it I couldn't stop! I haven't posted my review of Three Shoeboxes yet, I am part of a tour that will be starting up shortly so I have to wait for my assigned day. But you can find my review on Goodreads now.

      Delete