Thursday, June 28, 2018

RI Author Month: RI Short Story Club Collection

Welcome to the RI Author Month


Synopsis: A collection of short stories, essays and poems collected from various members of the Rhode Island Short Story Club over the many years of membership. 

My Review: I honestly had no idea there was a short story club in Rhode Island until I came across their booth at one of the author events. Not only is there a short story club but it has been running for well over 100 years! This book has both a brief history of the club, it's founding and some information on the prominent members throughout history.  I was honestly really surprised at how many members were influential both locally and nationally throughout history.  It also has quite the collection and variety of stories and poems.  It was interesting to see how the writing styles and subject matters have changed throughout history, but obviously the love for writing and the written word survives it all.  

My Rating: As with many anthology collections some pieces are to my liking and some are not, some I even skimmed but all in all I really appreciated this collection. I particularly found interest in the history of the club.  I give this one a rating of Three Paws.


You can find out more about the Rhode Island Short Story Club on the website, this is also I believe the only way to obtain one of these collections unless you happen to catch them at a local event.  As the club is still in operation and still meets regularly, I might just have to try to stop in for a meeting or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment