Wednesday, June 27, 2018

RI Author Month: One White Lie by Jeannette Winters

Welcome to the RI Author Month


Synopsis: "Brice Henderson traded everything for power and success. His company was closing a deal that would cement his spot at the top. The last thing he needed was a distraction from the past. 

Lena Razzi had spent years trying to forget Brice Henderson. When offered the opportunity of a lifetime, would she take the risk even if the price would be another broken heart? 

Do you love reading from this world? Continue with Always Mine from my sister, Ruth Cardello, Her series will mirror my time line. It isn’t necessary to read hers to enjoy mine, but it sure will enhance the fun!"

My Review: I picked this book up at a local author event, I am always a sucker for Billionaire romances. I didn't realize that this was a branch off series from another author, but I really didn't need to read that series to enjoy this one. I like the idea way that Winters set the tone with back history with the two characters, it made it easier to build in a short book from there. I do however really have a hard time with the secret baby trope, just my own quirk, but with that said I did like the way it was handled from Brice's end. I didn't really connect with the characters that much but I did enjoy the book enough to continue with the series and hope that there are no more of my disliked tropes.

My Rating: Yesterday I posted about the first book in Winter's Southern Desire series that features more of a thriller/small town/ western theme, today it is all about the beloved Billionaire sub-genre.  As I said above, I really enjoy billionaire romances but secret babies are becoming a no-go for me.  While I was not thrilled with that aspect, I still enjoyed enough of the story and characters built around it to enjoy this story and continue the series.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.


You can find out more about Jeannette Winters and her books on her Goodreads Page or Website.


As with Southern Spice, you can give One White Lie a try for FREE right now in ebook format on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.  

Another great aspect of Jeannette Winters, is that she also releases many of her romance books in Sweet versions, which tones down the explicit scenes for those of you who prefer the story without the steamy bedroom scenes, you can try the Sweet Version of One White Lie for free on Barnes & Noble if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment