Thursday, April 6, 2017

RI Author Feature: Maid for Love by Marie Force

 
Synopsis: "Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad memories and ugly rumors. Then she’s knocked off her bike on the way to her housekeeping job at McCarthy’s Resort Hotel by Gansett’s “favorite son,” Mac McCarthy. He’s back in town to help his father with preparations to sell the family resort and has no intention of staying long. When Mac accidentally sends Maddie flying over the handlebars, badly injuring her, he moves in to nurse her back to health and help care for her young son. He soon realizes his plans for a hit-and-run visit to the island are in serious jeopardy, and he just may be “maid” for love."

My Review: I love finding books by local authors and inspired by local places. This is a perfect summer fluff read (too bad I read it when it is still cold). I really enjoyed the setting and many of the characters. With that said, it did feature some common romance tropes that I am not a huge fan of, the whole damsel in distress and the rich perma-bachelor riding to the rescue doesn't really interest me. Again, though this is a great light romance book, if that is what you are looking for. Even though she was the damsel, I really did find a lot of similarities and ended up connecting well with Maddie. I also enjoyed Mac, he is the perfect knight to ride in and save the day. Of course being a fictional book, the storyline is a bit hurried with a shortened timeline, so while it isn't insta-love it is a very quick whirlwind romance. I did really enjoy a lot of the sub-characters and think this will be a great series to continue in the summer.
 
My Rating: This is very much a fluff romance, there are some issues with it that I don't agree with but if you aren't too picky it is an enjoyable book.  It is a fairly clean book, there is bedroom activity but it isn't explicit. This is the first book in a 17 book (so far) series and I do believe it is always a free kindle book if you want to give it a try for yourself.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
You can find out more about Marie Force and her series by visiting her Goodreads Page or Website.
 
You can also obtain your own copy of Maid for Love in print or digital format from Amazon (currently Free for kindle) or free digital nook book from Barnes & Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment