Tuesday, April 4, 2017

RI Author Feature: How My Dorky Dad Became a Hero by Steve Hague

 
 
Synopsis: "Ten-year-old kid detective Morgan Maxwell learns that a bank robber is on the loose in her city! Her dad promises her that they can search for the bank robber together which excites Morgan until she remembers that her dad is a - dork!
Follow Morgan and her Dorky Dad through some hilarious situations and see what happens when they're face to face with the bank robber!"


My Review: I picked this book up at the RI Author Expo last year and thought it would be a fun gift for some of the younger readers in life, but I try to always read a book before I give it just to make sure it is appropriate. This is kind of fun story that young readers will really enjoy. It is written in a conversation/ story telling way that you really grasp Morgan's voice, she kind of rambles off on tangents that a kid her age would tend to do. Also the way she views her parents and big brother are spot on and young readers will definitely relate. It is fun and quirky and kids will really enjoy reading it.
 
My Rating: This was a fun book and will really appeal to young readers. This is also a part of a series but I don't believe they need to be read in any particular order.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
 
You can find out more about Steve Hague and his work by visiting his Goodreads Page.
 
You can also purchase How My Dorky Dad Became a Hero in print or digital format from Amazon or try asking your local bookseller.

1 comment: