Friday, January 27, 2017

Bedtime Story: I Love My New Toy by Mo Willems

Read for: Children's Book Challenge & We love Elephant & Piggie
 
Synopsis: "Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.

Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

In I Love My New Toy!, Piggie can't wait to show Gerald her brand new toy. But will an accidentally broken toy accidentally break a friendship?"


My Review: We are big fans of Elephant and Piggie books now that we have discovered them, and while this might not been one of our favorites we still really enjoyed it. It has a couple of different messages contained in the story that will have your little one gasping and cheering. I love the way it ends with friends being more fun than toys anyway.
 
My Rating: This is a fun little book to help encourage kids to take care of their toys and especially toys that are not theirs. Maybe a little bit about reading directions too.  We of course enjoyed this one and give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Elephant and Piggie are the best! Have you read the Pigeon books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these books so much! I haven't tried the Pigeon books yet, but I think I am going to have to jump on those too.

      Delete