Thursday, November 10, 2016

After Dark Review of The Doctor's Secret Bride by Ana E. Ross

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Michelle Carter has been down on her luck since the day she was born. So it comes as no surprise when through a series of unfortunate events, she finds herself jobless, penniless, and practically homeless. In need of a roof over her head, Michelle accepts a job as a nanny and finds it absolutely impossible to resist the sexual magnetism of her handsome, sexy billionaire boss—but resist she must, especially since she’s keeping secrets from him.

Believing that his late wife betrayed him, falling in love again is the last thing Dr. Erik LaCrosse wants to do. But fall, he does, and so hard, he secretly marries the alluring nanny from the wrong side of the tracks. However, when he unearths a horrible secret from Michelle’s past, Erik must choose between his loyalty to a dead woman and the love burning in his heart for one who is very much alive."


My Review: I have a thing for these million and billionaire hero books so this book was a no brainer. I like the variety of social/economic classes represented in this book, the variety of backgrounds really lent to some unique characters. It was a little longer than I expected and it seemed like a really long time to read even though it progressed the way I predicted. It follows a lot of the familiar plot lines of contemporary romance novels, the down fall for me was the keeping a secret trope that is so often the 'conflict' placed in romance books. I find it extremely frustrating when one character keeps something a secret and when the other one finds out the world comes crashing down, but as is typical it all ends up wrapped in a pretty little bow. I did really enjoy the sub-characters, especially Robert and Mrs. Hayes and I look forward to more books in the series.
  
 
My Rating: It was a very long read, enjoyable but long especially when you can clearly predict each turn of events.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment