Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Draw Me a Star by Eric Carle
The Giver by Lois Lowry
1984 by George Orwell
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
Saga Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples
 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

1984 = 5pts
Fahrenheit 451 = 3pts
The Great Tree of Avalon = 5pts
And Tango Makes Three = 1pt

 
Currently Reading:
 
Moon Chosen by PC Cast - Kindle - on page 36 of 608
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir - Audio - 46%



 Books to be Read Soon:

Tale of Elske by Cynthia Voigt

 

Total Points Earned
     239 points + 14 points = 243 points

Total Points Earned this Year: 2013
Total Points Spent this Year: 884

Pages Read/ Time Listened
223:45 Hours Listened (5:01 listened this week)
36,375 Pages Read (824 this week)

Books Added to Shelves



Interesting Tidbits on the Web:


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boy has it been a whirlwind couple of weeks here on the blog! I felt like I have barely kept up with reading and posting reviews, but I really hope you enjoyed the Banned Book Week event. I promise next year to read more currently challenged books but the ones I read this year are some that have been sitting on my shelf just waiting. It will be nice to get back to regular posting this week. 

Did you know that I have been blogging here now for 6 years?! I always forget to plan an event for my blog-versary every year, but maybe throughout the month I will do some looking back posts.   October is another crazy busy month but one filled with book events, many of which I can't make. The 14th - 16th I am going to an event called Falling in Love in New England in New Hampshire with a friend of mine, I can't wait for this event! That weekend also happens to be the Boston Book Festival and the RI Children's Author Festival that I won't be able to attend, but maybe next year. We also have Dewey's Fall Readathon coming up on the 22nd, do you think I can convince the Hubby to allow me to have 2 book weekends in a row?

Anyway, it is looking like another fun and busy month but should be full of books and reading!
 

2 comments:

  1. I liked that you read older books for Banned Books week. I knew what they were! I hope you get your two bookish weekends. I can't wait for the read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading and spotlighting some of the older books too, I just also want to bring into awareness that people are still challenging new books that come out. I really hope I get to do the read-a-thon too, are you participating?

      Delete