Monday, September 12, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 32 - Winter of the Ice Wizard

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
The Winter of the Ice Wizard, book 32, sends Jack and Annie on another fantasy adventure to the Land Beyond the Clouds to many missing and stolen items. They have to complete the mission on their own but can they bargain with those who cannot see their own true selves?
 
 
 
My Review: I really enjoyed this book in the series, more than the previous Merlin Missions books. I really enjoy how Osborne integrated so many Nordic myths into one smooth story. It is quite the adventure for Jack and Annie, with some help from Teddy and Kathleen, but the also need to rely on each other. This conclusion of this book also brings together the 3 previous Merlin missions and explains the connection of the 4 book set, so it is nice to see that the format of 4 book sets within the encompassing series will continue, even if it is in a little more of an obscure way.
 
My Rating: This was by far my favorite of the Merlin Missions so far. I have started getting used to the new format and storytelling in these books compared to the earlier Magic Tree House books.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment