Thursday, September 15, 2016

After Dark Review of Bear to Want by Amy Lamont

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 

 

Synopsis: "Curvy waitress Alyssa Parker swore off werebears before she was old enough to date. But in a town like Kodiak where bear shifters far outnumber humans, her pledge has put a major crimp in her love life. Add to that the fact she’s always felt like an outsider in the tightknit community, and it’s no wonder Alyssa wants to move far away from the small Alaskan town and forget shifters exist.

But the dream of escaping seems impossible when her mother leaves town, taking Alyssa’s life savings with her. Adding insult to injury, Kaden Black, the one werebear who could tempt her to break her vow, just moved back to town. And for reasons she can’t fathom, the wildly sexy ex-Special Forces shifter is determined to claim her as his mate.

Can Kaden convince Alyssa that he’s just the shifter to give her the love and family she’s always longed for?"


My Review: I picked this one up because it was free and Amy Lamont is expected at an event I am going to in October. I really enjoyed this one, especially considering I am a little worn out on the shifter romances. I enjoyed the characters, though I would have liked a little more backstory on Kaden. We got to know Alyssa pretty well but I feel like while I enjoyed Kaden I still didn't really get to know him. It was a quick read that left you wanting more, thankfully this is the first in a series of book and the next one is already out.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this book and the characters, the sub-characters are great too and I am looking forward to seeing more of everyone. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment