Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Bout of Books #17 Wrap Up

 
Bout of Books
 
 
I participated in the Bout of Books Readathon #17, you can find my sign up post with all the daily updates HERE and be sure to check out the Bout of Books Blog for updates on upcoming readathons.


In summary I spent a total of 15 hours reading last week.
I read a total of 1,136 pages in that time period
I finished reading 11 books including:
Cinderella (GN)
Savage
Rocking in My School Shoes
 There Was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Desk
 The Hike
 Everywhere and Every Way
 Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve
 Summer of the Sea Serpent
 Unexpected
 Orphan Trains
The Lion and Doe
 
I also read but didn't finish
9% of Ember in the Ashes
12 pages of 138 of More Than Candy Corn

I didn't quite meet all my goals this Bout of Books but I did read a lot more than I expected considering it was one of the busiest weeks I have had all year! I met my number of books goal, and one of them was a requested review so that was another goal met. I did come up a little short on the page count and the time spent reading, but I had set some lofty goals for myself.  I did manage to participate in 2 mini challenges and met a few new book lovers. All in all a pretty darn successful Bout of Books readathon!  The next readathon is in early January and one of my favorites with the rush of the new reading list and challenges!


How did your readathon go? Did you meet all or goals? If not are you planning to do something different next time? I hope you all had fun and will participate again, because I certainly will!

2 comments:

  1. I think you did great! One of these days I'm going to participate in Bout of Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bout of Books is great, I wish I had more time to interact with other readers though. It is so much easier for me to have a week long readathon so I can read more on some days to cover for the days I can't read as much.

      Delete