Sunday, April 10, 2016

RI Author Feature: Collecting Seashells by the Seashore by Christie O'Neil Harrison

Synopsis: A collection of poems and essays from childhood through the struggles and joys of adulthood.

My Review: It has been far too long since I have enjoyed poetry and I am glad that I chose this book from a local author to bring me back into it. Normally I prefer my collections to be cohesive with subject matter or time frame, I rather enjoyed the variety offered here. I loved that you get to see the things a child writes poetry about all the way through adulthood. I also enjoyed the wide range of styles of poetry contained within this one book. My favorites poems were Narnia, Where is the Moon? and New Your Thoughts- Ode to the City. I also really enjoyed some of the essays, especially the ones revolving around education and reaching a new outlook on life.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this book, it had such a variety of poems and even a couple essays.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.
 
 
I had the pleasure of meeting Christie O'Neil Harrison at the RI Author Expo in December 2015. I was unable to find a website for you or any upcoming events.
 
You can purchase your own copy of Collecting Seashells by the Seashore on Amazon and other book purchasing websites.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment