Sunday, October 25, 2015

Re-Read Review of Bunnicula by James Howe

Read For: Re-Read Challenge
 
Synopsis: "BEWARE THE HARE!
Is he or isn't he a vampire?

Before it's too late, Harold the dog and Chester the cat must find out the truth about the newest pet in the Monroe household -- a suspicious-looking bunny with unusual habits...and fangs!"


My Review: This was a book I clearly remember reading in elementary school and when I saw it come up on Munchkin's scholastic book order flyer for only a dollar, I had to get it. It was really fun to visit this book again. I absolutely love all the characters in the book, they are so vivid, especially Chester. It is a fun and slightly spooky (but not so much to traumatize a young reader) that would appeal to many ages and different genre readers. I look forward to when Munchkin can read it too.
  
 
My Rating: It was fun to re-read this book after so many years, it was still quite enjoyable. I had no idea it was part of a series but at least now I do so if Munchkin decides he loves it I can continue the series.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.

2 comments:

  1. This book looks awesome! I'm totally going to have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun to revisit this book and get a new take on the characters, it is definitely a fun one for all ages.

      Delete