Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Reading List



Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review
 
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
Hard to Let Go by Laura Kaye (After Dark)
Danny and the Dinosaur go to Camp by Syd Hoff (Beginning Reader)
Meet the Penguins by Daphne Pendergrass (Bedtime Story)
Ares: Bringer of War by George O'Connor (Graphic Novel)

 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Moonwalk = 1pt
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight = 5pts
Look and Find Elmo = 1pt
No Place Like Space = 1pt

 
Currently Reading:

Burn by Maya Banks - Audio - 83%
Daughter of Earth and Sky by Kaitlin Bevis - Kindle - 16%
Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst - PB - on page 71 on 384


 Books to be Read Soon:

True Grit by Charles Port - Mount TBR/ Reading Across the States
Friday Night Lights by HG Bissinger - Mount TBR/ Reading Across the States
Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas - Mount TBR/ Series Challenge
Searching For Series by Jennifer Probst - Mount TBR/ Audio/ Series Challenge
 

Total Points Earned
 227 points + 8 points earned = 235 points

Pages Read/ Time Listened
37,839 pages read (232 read this week)
118:08 listening time

Books Added to Shelves


Interesting Tidbits on the Web:



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So last week was a really shitty week, not only because I got such little reading done but also with life.  The office has been extremely busy and super stressful lately and that is starting to wear on me. Also we have had on going construction projects at home that my husband rushed into and was poorly planned so has taken up way more time, money and effort than it should have (which has left me trying to help him and still trying to stay on top of the house and everything scheduled already). Munchkin has also been extremely difficult lately, he has hit the three year old stage and it is awful.  We butt heads non-stop and every thing is a battle that ends up with screaming and tears (for both of us), it has sent me scrambling to the internet and books trying to find a way to make our lives a little less awful.

So with all of this going on, it made me want to skip ahead to next year in hopes of better days. So I have already been setting up my reading goals, challenges and resolutions for the 2016. I also ordered my first Erin Condren life planner! I am excited to try to get all my lists and calendars onto one planner and hopefully reduce at least some of this stress.  I have also picked up an adult coloring book for use at the office, hopefully a few moments a day will help bring this tension level down (especially right before I have to go get Munchkin from Preschool).

No comments:

Post a Comment