Saturday, May 23, 2015

Fun with Munchkin: Dr. Seuss National Memorial Park


I have decided to add a new post to my list of things that could happen on the weekends.  As part of my resolutions for 2015, I wanted to do more fun things with Munchkin and as a family.  I will be posting sporadically about some of the fun adventures we are having together.
 
 
 
So once I discovered that there was a Dr. Seuss park near us, I of course had to go. I was finally able to convince Hubby now that we have a child! It is a simple park with several very large bronze sculptures but it is so beautiful and we lucked out with the most fantastic day (and even though it was a weekend there weren't very many people)!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Look how big Horton is!
 
I loved this sculpture of Theodore sitting at the desk (it has paper with artwork on it and pens and pencils, really detailed).
 
 
 
 
Munchkin was starting to wear out close to nap time so our visit to Yertle the Turtle was a brief one.
 
 
We had a blast looking at all the detail and just enjoying the park in general.  I guess I didn't get a picture of the giant book but it had the story Oh the Places You'll Go with a big empty chair in front of it.
 


2 comments:

  1. I love this! And I'm not even a big fan of Seuss. I do love Yertle the Turtle though. It looks like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a HUGE Dr. Seuss fan so this was a big deal for me, one of those things on my bucket list and it was a lot of fun. I wish it was closer because we would definitely be visiting more often.

      Delete