Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Review of Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season by Marko Kitti

 
Synopsis: "Jesper Jinx is eleven, and probably the unluckiest person in all of Puffington Hill. Everything he touches seems to end up in sweet disaster. Hence his nickname 'Jinx'.

It's Spring time in Puffington Hill, and the most unforgettable Sneezing Season ever for Jesper! In this book, packed full of new wonderfully wicked adventures, you're going to get to know Chloe, Jesper's long time future-girlfriend, and meet a Purple Buzzard from the tropical island of Buzzupurplu. Also, there's Rosie, the grinning Squirrel with an attitude and the infamous Diary Wars.

WARNING: This book causes uncontrollable laughter!

Contains the stories: JESPER JINX and the PURPLE BUZZARD, JESPER JINX and the DIARY WARS and a bonus story: JESPER'S EXTREMELY TOP SECRET BUCKET LIST."


My Review:   I read the previous Jesper Jinx book last year and found it comical, this was no different, especially since I am familiar with the style and format of the series already. Coming from personal experience with seagulls stealing lunch, I feel for poor Jesper and I certainly wasn't trying to impress anyone. I particularly love the Boredom Breaker. Jesper is a master at coming up with pranks and ideas, granted more often than not they come back at him. Even as an adult I find this book to be humorous and can only imagine how they would be for a young reader (granted I don't want my Munchkin learning any of Jesper's tricks to use on me).
 
My Rating: These are fun books to read at any age I would imagine, even for those who might be reluctant readers.  I am looking forward to seeing what Marko Kitti does with the third book and what other trouble Jesper can create.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.
 
 
Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
You can find out more about Marko Kitti and his works on his Goodreads Page or Website.
 
You can obtain your own copy of Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season in digital or print format from Amazon or print format from Barnes & Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment