Friday, October 10, 2014

Bedtime Story: Dinotopia by James Gurney & So Many Memories!

 
Synopsis: "In the year 1860, biologist and explorer Arthur Denison and his son, Will, set out on a sea voyage of discovery and adventure. When a powerful typhoon wrecks the ship in uncharted waters, Arthur and Will are the sole survivors. Washed ashore on a strange island called Dinotopia, they are amazed to find a breathtaking world where cities are built on waterfalls, people have found new ways to fly, and humans and dinosaurs live together in harmony. With new discoveries at every turn, Arthur and Will embark upon their own separate journeys to unearth the mysteries of Dinotopia."

My Review: My brother and I wore the library's copy of this book out when we were kids and it is no different re-reading it as an adult. It is such a fantastic story that involves so many different elements it is sure to capture any person's interest. And need I tell you about the artwork?! You could spend days looking at all the detailed and beautiful artwork throughout the book.
 
My Rating: I loved this book so much both as a kid and now.  When I mentioned it to friends and family they also raved about this book, definitely one to have on the shelf. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
 
 
Memories of Dinotopia
 
When I said my brother and I wore the library's copy out I am not kidding. We would sit for hours reading the book and looking at the pictures over and over again.
 
There is an alphabet in the story
my brother and I would write each other secret messages in their language (granted my mom figured out what we were doing and made a copy so she could interpret - turns out she still has the alphabet in the computer desk).
 
There is also a lovely song
that I learned to play on both the flute and piano.
 
Do you see how much we loved this book?! I really cannot wait until I can share this book with my little Munchkin, but first I need to figure out the pronunciations and obtain more of the books in the series.
 
Let me leave you with just a couple of pictures from the book, but you really need to get a copy for yourself even if it is just to look at this amazing artwork!
 
 
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment