Sunday, September 7, 2014

From the Book: Evertaster

From the Book is a series of posts where I will take something I read in a book and either re-create it in real life or at least something inspired by the book.
 
 
Welcome to another long awaited instillation of From The Book.  This time we are creating something from the book Evertaster.  Beware there are Spoilers ahead!
You can find the book on Goodreads to find out more or check out my review HERE
 
This was a really unique book and I felt I needed to create something from it.  The general theme throughout the book is finding very special ingredients to make a very special recipe. There are only a few ingredients and you come to find out the special recipe is for a chocolate soufflé.
 
I have heard so many times how difficult soufflé is to make but they made it look so easy in the book, so off I went in search of a recipe.  Now as some of you know I do not like chocolate but I love fruit, especially berries, so I decided to make a strawberry soufflé.
 
 
I must say it was far easier than I expected it to be, the beating of the eggs took a bit but it really only took maybe 20 to 25 minutes total to make.  They tasted awesome and I was very happy with the end result.
 
 
 
I just might have been able to make the ancient recipe and save the world, not to mention Guster!
 
 
Have you ever made a soufflé? Were they as difficult as you expected?
 
 
Coming soon on From the Book a puzzle of a painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment