Thursday, September 11, 2014

After Dark Review of The Dragon Slayer by Jianne Carlo

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Synopsis: "To save her sister, can Catriona slay the Dragon Slayer?

Ruard, the Viking warrior known as The Dragon Slayer, has no great hopes for the wife he’s to take as the lord of Dunnsmuir Castle, so long as she’s a biddable wife, with all her teeth, who doesn’t drool—a plain, humble woman. He has no use for the flame-haired nymph with breasts as ripe as melons and whose supple hips beckon a man’s hands. Nor for a maiden with a stubborn chin and flashing eyes that speak of naught but trouble.

Catriona hopes for a husband ‘twill be easy to poison. Lord Ulfric holds her sister captive and demands Catriona do his bidding: poison his Viking rival, the man they call the Dragon Slayer. Catriona hopes for a cruel warrior, a man easy to hate, not this Thor god come to life with golden hair, sky blue eyes, and a laughing smile. Her sister’s life depends on it, but how can she slay this Ruard, her new husband, who makes her heart pound with joy?"


My Review: I really am enjoying this series by Carlo, I love the hard Vikings that fall hard for the women. While this was a short book you really got to know the characters and it had an interesting storyline. Obviously with a short story you really can't get down into the meat of everything going on but you don't miss it much with this story. Without a doubt there is plenty of steam throughout the book and it does really take a main stage. I can't wait to read the next book.
 
My Rating: An enjoyable book but too short to really dive into the characters and storyline.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.




No comments:

Post a Comment