Saturday, August 23, 2014

Graphic Novel Review of Aphrodite: Goddess of Love by George O'Connor

 
Synopsis: "In volume six of Olympians, graphic novel author/artist George O'Connor turns the spotlight on Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Look for the same thoroughly researched and wonderfully accessible comics storytelling as O'Connor tackles the story of the Aphrodite from her dramatic birth (emerging from sea-foam) to her role in the Trojan War."

My Review: I really enjoyed this Graphic Novel, it might be the best of the series. I thought I knew Aphrodite, and this novel does cover the classic myth of the competition for the most beautiful goddess, but I also learned some new things about her. The artwork of course is beautiful, and while she doesn't look the way many other artists have depicted her, I appreciated the different take.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this one, according to goodreads this is the last in the series, but goodness I hope not! I really enjoyed the whole series and especially this one.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!

2 comments:

  1. Are these books accurate? They seem fun! I need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be pretty accurate, of course there are so many variations of the myths but these stand with what I remember from classes in high school. They are really fun and interesting and I just found out another is coming out soon, Ares!

      Delete