Thursday, August 21, 2014

After Dark Review of Beg by C.D. Reiss

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "My name is Monica. I’m a singer born and raised in Los Angeles.
I’ve stopped dating. When I cut a record, or win a Grammy, maybe then I’ll be with someone, but every man in my past has done everything he could to make me submit myself to him, and it’s gotten in the way of my career. I won’t do it again.

But there’s Jonathan. He owns the high-rise hotel where I work, and he is gorgeous and charming. I refuse to fall in love with him, even though when he asks me to submit to him, I want nothing more.

****GRAPHIC LANGUAGE, SEX, AND ADULT SITUATIONS****"


My Review: I found the premise of this book interesting, but it fell a little short and was pretty choppy. The characters would begin developing but then they would do or say something that almost felt out of the character they had already developed. I did enjoy the scene at the lounge where Monica confronted Jonathan with another woman, that was funny. The steamy scenes were definitely steamy. I really just read this book instead of being engrossed in the book. It is still up in the air as to whether I will continue with the series.
 
 
My Review: I really just almost skimmed this book, I wasn't involved in the story line or characters. It was a good book to fill the time but that was about it.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment