Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 2014 Challenge Update

August is done and now I am facing my busiest time of the year and time is running out on getting my challenges done. So lets just recap what I have accomplished this year and what I have to go.
 
So here we go:
 
 
Mental Illness Advocacy Challenge
This challenge is complete however I do have one more book I would like to read for this challenge, maybe in the fall.
 
3. Dependent (not one of the official books but seems to fit)
 
 
Series Challenge
Still plugging away at this challenge even with the completion.  I am determined to finish at least two more series, and one of them will be Harry Potter!
 
Series #1: Harry Potter - Book 1, Book 2,
Series #2: Secret of the Unicorn Queen - Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, Book 5, Book 6 - Series Complete!
Series #3: Rose Harbor - Book 1, Book 1.5, Book 2, Book 3 - Complete
Series #4: Firebrand - Book #1, Book #2, Book #3 - Series Complete!
Series #5: Gifted Series - Book #1, Book #2, Book #3 - Series Complete!
Series #6: Master of the Mountain - Book 1, Book 1.5, Book 2, Book 2.5, Book 3, Book 4 - Series Complete (for now, I am sure there will be more books but none are set to release this year).
Series #7: Dakota Series -  Book 1, Book 2, Book 3
Series #8: Vampire Warrior Kings Series - Book 1, Book 2, Book 3 - Series Complete!
Series #9: Firelight Series - Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 3.5 - Series Complete
Series #10: Woods Family Series - Book 1 (read previously), Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, Book .5 - Series Complete
 
 
 
Audio Book Challenge
Wow I have really taken off with this challenge. Only 1 book to go and I will have conquered this challenge!
 
8. Stay
9. Rider
 
 
 
 
Graphic Novel Challenge
I have really been pacing myself and limiting myself to only 2 a month but I think with only three left I am just going to complete this challenge this month!
 
10. Relish
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mount TBR
It is really slow going with this challenge, it doesn't help that most of the books I have for this challenge are print and time is limited for them. That said I only have 16 more to go and 4 months to read them in, so it shouldn't be too bad to squeeze them all in.
 
3. Beauty

Erotica Challenge
 
Another Challenge Completed!! Woohoo! I even signed up for this one a little late and completed and surpassed my goal (and will probably continue to do so).
 
 23. Beg
 
 
 
 
 
August is over and in my book so is summer. Time to start thinking about the coming of the holidays and busy season. August has already shown a little bit of a slow down in my reading and it probably only get worse from here, but the good news is I have completed 3 of my 8 challenges and will most likely complete 2 more this month (I think I need to pay a little bit of attention to my own equine challenge, I haven't checked that one recently).  I am in high hopes that this will be the year I complete all my challenges plus win a Nanowrimo. 
 
My Goodreads book count stands at 234 of my final goal of 260, I like the odds of completing that challenge with flying colors as well!
 
 
How are your challenges going? Have you started completing challenges? Are you starting to plan next year's challenges yet (because I am)?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment