Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review of The Well of Being by Jean-Pierre Weill

 
Synopsis: "The Well of Being: a children's book for adults is an illustrated inquiry into the pursuit of happiness, and what it means to be radically alive in our daily moments. This adult picture book takes its reader on a quest for well‐being and self‐acceptance, following the story of a wondering everyman. The projective tale summons the reader’s inner child as a complimentary vehicle to drive the plot through bold reflection and earnest doubt. Assisted by cosmic perspective, the faceless protagonist sets out to retrieve the deep self-comfort and inner wellness lost along life's way."

My Review: This book was sent to me for an honest review.
I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy this book but upon finally reading it, I can't believe I put it off. It reads like a mesh of a children's book and graphic novel (not the super hero type though). The simple words combined with unique illustrations really hit perfectly. The wonderful thing about this book is that it can be read in so many ways, it can be read from a religious point of view, or a new age zen like point of view, or even just a simple bring back the joy point of view. It provokes a lot of deep thought that you can follow if you like or just enjoy the simple message it presents.
 
My Rating: This was a wonderful book, one I really enjoyed. It is a simple read that really evokes a lot of thought and emotion. I give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
The Well of Being was sent to me for an honest review.
 
To find out more about Jean-Pierre Weill and his work visit his Goodreads Page or Website.
 
You can purchase your own copy in print format on Amazon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment