Thursday, July 17, 2014

After Dark Review of Surrounded by Temptations by Mandy Harbin

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
 
Synopsis: "When Krista needs Ariel’s biochemical expertise because her new boyfriend can turn into a mountain lion, Ariel thinks her sister has lost her mind. But the possibility of a major discovery like this is too much of a temptation to ignore. Create a drug to stop a shifter from forcing a mating? Only if she got to test his sexual limits herself.

Rob thinks Ariel is an angel in disguise, and he immediately knows she’s the one for him. But is he strong enough to resist his animal’s need to claim her once the temptation begins?"


My Review: Another great book in the series, just not my favorite. I really love the animalistic nature and instinct of Harbin's characters. I appreciate Ariel's clinical look but kind of wanted more of that analytical look at the Woods. While Ariel may not be my favorite character I really enjoyed her dominant and bossy behavior, it was nice to see a girl take charge of these guys for a change. The one thing in this book was that I found myself not liking Krista as much, or really Toby for that matter, I almost felt like they had completely different personalities. That said I still enjoyed this book greatly and can't wait to read the more.
 
My Rating: I still love this series even though the characters weren't my favorites, but one thing you can count on is a lot of raw animalistic instincts and a lot of steam.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment