Thursday, January 23, 2014

After Dark Review of This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store by AK Turner

 
Synopsis: "This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store chronicles what happens when a little girl who scorns the idea of marriage and children (in favor of becoming a stiletto-wearing, attache-carrying Secret Agent), majors in Russian, minors in Vodka, and then one day finds herself with child … and in-laws."

My Review: This was the best book I have read/listened to in a long time. I was laughing so hard I was in tears for most of the book. I can totally sympathize with a lot of the book, especially the "Night Fury". If you want a funny realistic view point of motherhood this is the book for you. Granted it might not be for everyone as there are frequent uses of cuss words and many mentions of vodka and other beverages. This was definitely the book for me as I forge ahead through teething, ear infections, sleepless nights and terrible twos. I had the Kindle version but am so glad I decided to go with the Audio format instead. It was narrated by the author which added just that next layer of humor.
 
My Rating: I really, really loved this book. It may not be as funny if you hadn't experienced several of the events yourself but it sure spoke to me. I actually want to listen to it all over again! I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
 
Note: This review is an After Dark review due to language and some adult content.

No comments:

Post a Comment