Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Advent Reads Day 25: Christmas Shoppe Magic by Juliete Hill

 
Synopsis: "MacMillan’s Christmas Shoppe has held a special magic for Sophia Ward ever since her mother first took her there as a child. Now Sophia’s alone, and she can’t help but wonder. Will the magic be gone, or will this year’s love be even stronger? Brew a cup of tea, grab a Christmas cookie, and prepare for a treat. You won’t want to miss this one!"

My Review: This one had a lot of potential, it was just too short for me to develop a strong emotional connection with the characters. Maybe if I had read the first short story that may have been different. That said it does capture a family recovering from a tragedy through the spirit of Christmas and home. I think with some filling out and developing the story a little more it could become a favorite of mine.
 
My Rating: This was a really short, quick story, but it was a little too short. I would have liked to be able to really connect with the characters.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment