Friday, November 1, 2013

After Dark Review of Return to Shanhasson by Joely Sue Burkhart

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 

 
Synopsis: "In this final book of the Shanhasson trilogy, Shannari dal’Dainari has won the Rose Crown. She has her beloved Khul at her side. Yet shadows crowd closer than ever. Political machinations and assassination attempts have crippled her ability to protect the land and the people. When her children are endangered, she has no choice but to send them to safety.

Away from her.

Surrounded by grief, danger, and turmoil on all sides, the last thing she needs is another enemy threatening to destroy all she holds dear. Yet a Black Dragon stirs in the deserts of Keldar. He haunts her dreams, while a Keldari army amasses on her border. When he soars over the Shining Walls of Shanhasson, will she put a knife in his heart…or will Shadow devour her at last with dragon jaws?"


My Review: Well that was quite the conclusion to this trilogy! Similar to the second book it got a little drawn out, there are just a lot of elements to this series and more and more just keep getting brought in. I believe there was a branch off series that would have helped understand the Keldar portions better. I do love that the author isn't afraid of death or what may happen to our favorite characters. There are definitely highly emotional sections of this book that will bring you to tears, not a book for people looking for a happy little romance where everyone gets what they want in the end. I also like that this book closed up the series beautifully and didn't leave me wanting to know more, not to mention turned me into a blubbering mess.
 
My Rating: This was a very nice conclusion to the series, while it did get drawn out, my love for the characters kept me reading.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment