I always find it very interesting what other people either enjoy listening to or what inspires them to write, so when Jessica asked for someone to feature a playlist for her new book I jumped at the chance. This is what she had to say . . .
In If Only We, Adrienne goes to karaoke night at a coffee house with her friends. Like Adrienne, I'm not so much for singing in public, BUT, I am working on that. I absolutely love to pretend like I'm singing for an audience though... especially in my car. And also like Adrienne, I have the tendency to pick songs that aren't the usual karaoke kind of song.
Here is a list of the top ten songs I love to sing to now AND would love to sing in front of others someday.
- Geek In The Pink by Jason Mraz ~ This one's a lot of fun! I enjoy Jason Mraz and his music, but especially when the the singing is quick.
- We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel ~ I must be crazy, right? If you've never heard it before, listen to it and see. I actually do know all the lyrics. It took a long time to memorize, and if I don't listen to it once in awhile, I do lose my place.
- Bye Bye Boyfriend by Fefe Dobson ~ The perfect song that every girl should sing when they need to get over a guy.
- How To Be A Heartbreaker by Marina And The Diamonds ~ I just discovered this one more recently on accident and couldn't stop listening to it, or singing it.
- We Are Broken by Paramore ~ There's so much depth to the lyrics, I love the passion in the song.
- Arrow Through Me by Wings ~ I ended up hearing this one after deciding to listen to the whole album on the record player. It became my favorite Wings song.
- Careless Whisper by Wham! ~ One of my favorite songs of ALL TIME. It's in the top ten. Okay, probably top five. I used to put this on repeat when I was younger.
- Take Me Under by Three Days Grace ~ This is my favorite band and one of my favorite songs by them. There's a lot of emotion in the words.
- I Want A New Duck by Weird Al Yankovic ~ How could I not sing at least ONE Weird Al song? I always go back to this one because it makes me laugh every time.
- Abracadabra by Sugar Ray ~ The strange thing is, I heard this version before the original by Steve Miller Band. And it has an edgier feel to it, which is nice.