Friday, July 5, 2013

Bedtime Story: It's Time to Sleep, My Love



Synopsis: "It's time to sleep, it's time to sleep,

the fishes croon in waters deep.

The songbirds sing in trees above,

"It's time to sleep, my love, my love."

As children prepare for bed, the world around them is also settling down for the night. Animals who live in the jungle, the forest, the sea—all whisper to their babies a soft refrain: It’s time to sleep, my love.

As comforting as a soft blanket and warm as a goodnight hug, Eric Metaxas's lullaby is lovingly brought to life by bestselling artist Nancy Tillman (On the Night You Were Born) , whose illustrations celebrate the wonders of the natural world, and the bonds of family."


My Review: I love reading this book to Munchkin. The rhymes flow beautifully and its easy to help him unwind and get ready to sleep. It can be a little long but some pages only have a few words. The illustrations are so beautiful, a mix of fantasy and realism. They are a little busy for really young babies but will be interesting as the kids grow older. I have read it so much already I almost have it memorized.
 
My Review: I absolutely love the artwork in this book (and all the ones done by Nancy Tillman really) and the rhymes and story flow so beautifully! Definitely a Four Paw and a Stump Wag rating for us, especially since it does seem to mellow Munchkin out for bedtime!
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment