Monday, February 25, 2013

Review of The Other Guy by Cary Attwell


Welcome to a month of Lust and Love!!
I will be sharing a variety of books with you all surrounding the theme of lust, love and all that lies between. I will have some sweet romances, some childrens love books, and of course plenty of After Dark Steam for all different tastes! Hope you will all stop in and join me!
 

Synopsis: "Emory James is, by his own admission, not the type of person the adjective exciting would ever deign to touch with a ten-foot pole. Cautious, reserved and staid, however, all crowd around him like best friends. Still, he gets by -- or at least he gets by up until his fiancée dumps him at the altar. Out of spite, he takes a solo honeymoon to Thailand, where he can pretend to be someone better than himself for a little while. In meeting Nate, a fellow traveler, Emory slowly discovers how to stop pretending."

My Review: I absolutely adored this book, it could be my favorite so far this year. The snarky bit at the beginning really drew me in (and I have book marks and highlighted quotes all over the first couple of chapters) and from there it ran away with me. I became very attached to Em, Nate and Linn, I wish I could hang out in real life! Emory has a very tough road of heartbreak and self discovery to travel throughout the book and you feel privileged to be on that journey with him. I loved the sweet development of the relationship between Em & Nate as well, little Chicago made me go "Awe". Attwell even made me very interested in Emory's job as a Speech Therapist, I may have to do a little research on that, it was adorable how he got on the floor and wiggled like a snake hissing to help Abby. There are just so many touching, sweet, and comical moments that I can't possibly tell you all of them. All I can say is go get this book and read it!

My Rating: I really can't rave about this book enough, I really hope you all will give it a chance. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag.  I will note for you though it is a gay (M/M) romance, nothing explicit but just a note incase you aren't comfortable with it.


The Other Guy was sent to me by the author for review.

If you would like to find out more about this book or Cary Attwell please visit his Goodreads Page 

You can obtain your own digital copy on Barnes & Noble or Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment