Sunday, February 24, 2013

Graphic Novel Review of Cowboys, Babies & Shotgun Vows


Welcome to a month of Lust and Love!!
I will be sharing a variety of books with you all surrounding the theme of lust, love and all that lies between. I will have some sweet romances, some childrens love books, and of course plenty of After Dark Steam for all different tastes! Hope you will all stop in and join me!
 


Synopsis: "Ryder wakes up to find the girl he spent the previous night with is gone. He had helped her get to a motel after finding her drunk in a bar. She seduced him, and they spent a night of passion together...even though she was a virgin! Not only that, she is the daughter of a wealthy oil tycoon. It looked like it was never going to work, but when he thinks of her his heart skips a beat. He has to find her, and ask her why she dumped this confident playboy after just one night!"

My Review: I am not sure if I really like Manga, but I do know I dislike digital Manga, it was very difficult to read. It either didn't fit on the screen or was so tiny or light that I could barely read it. With that said, I am not sure I liked the story either. The story was very choppy, maybe because it was taken from a longer traditional harlequin book and tried to be condensed into a graphic novel. I was also not a fan of Ryder who seemed to take advantage of Ashley when she was drunk and ill. I did like the aspect of the farm and other family members and the fact that Ryder was able to stand up for his loved ones, but well I was just disappointed and disliked so many aspects of the story.
 
My Rating: Well, maybe I would have enjoyed the story better in its traditional novel form but it was definitely not to my liking. I give this one a rating of One Paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment